I’m sorry I didn’t post at all this weekend but I was so busy at Otakon that I just didn’t have the time. Now, I’m back to the grind at work and ready to start publishing some photos!
I haven’t gone to Otakon for a while because in 2010 I had a really bad time. I had about 40 requests this year to come so I thought “What the heck?!”
I put a list together of the pros and cons of the Convention so you could all get an idea on how well it was.
1. Seeing so many of my friends and meeting new ones!
2. The Mass Effect Photo Shoot was just amazing. All the Mass Effect cosplayers were so nice and really loved my work on my armor. Just as nerdy as me! Loved it! I’ve never had more fun at a Shoot in my life!
3. Kudos points I got from major cosplayers on my work with my Armor! I got some great construction advice on how to improve as well which is ALWAYS appreciated!
4. Staying at the Hilton – I love staying in the hotel where the convention is being held so I don’t have to constantly worry about getting there and can stay as late as I want!
5. Raving Friday and Saturday in my Commander Shepard Cosplay. I have never had more fun at a rave in my life. I actually found some amazing comments on twitter concerning dancing with me!
6. There are more but right now I can’t think of any.
1. Way too hot – I couldn’t stand the heat and it reminded me of one of the reasons I didn’t like Otakon in the past. Summer Cons are hard for me because my cosplays are usually layer and hot already.
2. Some of the Photo Shoots were SO DISORGANIZED. Especially the Marvel shoots! I think that’s because one of the Female Loki’s (The one with the white cape – if you were there you know which one). She was really inappropriate and just ruined the shoot for most people. Everyone in the back of the shoot were talking about how obnoxious she was. I think it’s because she was really trying to be in character with pretending to have a British Accent and being very sexual. She ended up licking one girl which really pissed her off (of course!) so I think the Lady Loki was just a mess. She ruined the shoots for most people.
3. Not a lot of places to eat – I tried ordering Chinese, because all the places to eat were filled, and it took 2 hours to get there. It was cold by the time I got it and there were not microwaves to heat it up.
4. Traffic – LOL
5. Have baseball games and various other events in the area when you plan a Convention which consists of about 38k people. Just was so overcrowded…
Overall – Otakon was a success for me. I may consider going again. Right now, I will be working on getting you all the photos that I took so you all have enjoy the epicness!
I have been working so hard on my N7 Armor that I did not have time to make a gun for this cosplay. So, I looked all over the Internet and found a seller on Etsy called Steampunk Wasteland. This store is run by Viktor Graves and he makes fascinating and intricate cosplay steampunk guns. As I looked through his inventory, I found a N7 weapon that looks very similar to the M-3 Predator.
I absolutely love it and can’t wait to walk around Otakon holding it.