So….this is going to be hard. This is just the first attempt of the breastplate and I am sure that I will be doing more to get better.
Drawings of Breastplate:
I taped the drawing on the door so the sun would shine through and help me draw it more symmetrical.
This was the result!
Then I cut out the pattern:
Now that the piece was cut out, I pinned the template to the EVA foam so I could create the outline more efficiently.
After I drew the outlines with a sharpie, I got a small mechanical pencil and just made sure there was a little led out so I could poke little holes in the lines that were part of the design. I am not sure any other way to do this but it worked for me.
You can see the little dots now that perfectly reflect the design of the breastplate. All you have to do now is draw over them with a marker and then get ready to use a soldering tool to melt the lines to give it more depth.
I then cut the foam. I first used a box cutter but I didn’t like the choppy look it created.
My mother suggested I just use a pair of scissors and she was so right. It came out smooth. It’s tough on the hands but I like the results better.
So, here is what I did using my breast molds, heat gun, and soldering tool.
SOOOO!!! This is what I have so far. I still need to work on the breast part. I need to make it more form fitting. Also, I have a lot of sanding to do to make this smooth.
If you have any questions, just let me know!!!