I did a lot in just two hours. The torso is so close to getting done!
I attached the neck:
I added some more hot glue to the back to make sure it sticks. I’m going to attached the two side parts to the print with elastic so it’s going to be pulled. That is later of course.
This is how it looks:
I now had to get the shoulder blades ready for attachment. I taped the wires together so it would be easier to glue on and not have to worry about melting the wires.
Now…the part I was worried about the most was finding a way to get the light switch on the other side of the armor so you couldn’t see the wires. What I decided to do was cut a small slit behind one of the blades and push the button through the small slit.
I’m so happy that it worked! I was worried that it would end up either ripping to messing up the wires.
Now, I hot glue gunned the left shoulder blade on the back and then drew out the middle part for the small single light.
And NOW THE LIGHTS ARE DONE!
So, I need to add the belt part of the torso, the N7 logo to the front, and the straps. The torso will so be done in time for Otakon. Fingers crossed for the rest!